Awhile back I wondered aloud if having a dedicated block of time, like a virtual blog writing day would help.
Many folks I asked gave me a resounding "Yes!"
So, I'm doing an experiment and have scheduled a Virtual Blog Writing Day...
Date: August 23, 2012
Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Pacific Time (check your local time here)
Where: your computer
Cost: FREE... NO CHARGE...My gift to you!
Here's how I envision it working:
- Starting at 9:00 am PT, everyone calls in to my conference line. I will share some tips, motivation and maybe some productivity tools to kick off the writing day. This will be no more than 30 minutes.
- You ring off and work on your writing for 90 minutes.
- We reconvene on my conference line at 11:00 am PT and report on success, challenges, Q&A for a maximum of 30 minutes.
- You ring off and write for 90 minutes.
- We reconvene at 1 pm PT - see #3
We'll follow this format, meeting at 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm and have a final checkin celebration at 5 pm PT.
It's totally up to you how you participate. Check in one time during the day or at every checkin. It's your day, your schedule, you decide.
This is an opportunity to block off some time and commit to creating content you can queue on your blog for later publication so you don't have to stress out about what you're going to write!
Don't like to write? Fine. Create videos or audios you can post.
Don't need content for your blog? Fine. Maybe you're working on an ebook or an article or a guest post for someone else's blog. This is your time to focus on your content marketing and get support and accountability (if you want it).
Are you in?
You're welcome to drop in during one of the scheduled checkins by calling (206) 402-0100 PIN Code: 664420#
You can also sign up below and I'll send you a couple of reminders as the day approaches. I may also send some tips and suggestions for how to prepare for the Virtual Blog Writing Day. There is no charge for this event. I'm not going to be selling anything. To be honest, I need this dedicated time to focus on cranking out some blog posts too...we're in this together.
If you would like reminders and tips about the Virtual Blog Writing Day, sign up here: