Do you ever think about your older blog posts, wondering if you get any value from them after they've slipped out of sight, replaced by new content?
Do you ever check your analytics to see what kind of traffic you're getting to older content?
I confess, I am sporadic at best, at taking a backward look at my content and seeing how I can squeeze more traffic out of it. Then, this video was brought to my attention by David Newby, a member of my LinkedIn group, Online Visibility Boost for Entrepreneurs (it's on open group, you're invited to join!). I was intrigued and watched the video by Jonathan at BloggingYourPassion.com.
A couple of things to note.
1. You need to have Google Analytics set up and linked to your blog.
2. Identify posts that do a good job of demonstrating your expertise, show how you serve your clients and have a strong call to action.
3. Use the tutorial in the video to re-optimize the posts for keywords prospects are really searching on.
Use your time and energy to focus on your most powerful posts that will bring you the targeted readers you want and make sure your content compels to take action to subscribe, get your free report, register for a webinar, etc.
Do you re-optimize older posts? What kind of results have you seen when you do?
Need more tips on how to optimize your blog for your business?
In this ebook you will learn:
- Why a blog is an essential foundation for your online business
- 10 key steps you must take before you create your business blog
- How to create effective content that moves your readers to action
- How to boost your visibility and create a powerful online presence
- How to use social networking to drive more people back to your blog
- 14 Attention-Grabbing Tactics for Launching a New Business Blog