I'll be the first to admit that I was slow to start using images consistently on my blog. Mostly it's because I'm busy lazy and didn't want to spend the time finding just the right image to illustrate my point. However, images are a powerful addition and help tell your story...sometimes better than the words you write.
When you add images - a photo, illustration or screen shot - you enhance your message and keep your reader's attention just a bit longer...
4 Ways Images Enhance Your Blog...
2. They lead into the text. Since people look at them first, the images provide a starting point for the rest of the blog post. Good images are like flashing arrows that say, “START HERE.”
3. They introduce the topic. Picking an appropriate, related image gives the reader an idea of what to expect from the post. For instance, a photo of a street sign that says “Bumpy Road Ahead” lets the reader know that the post is about challenges or change.
4. They support the post content. A diagram, graphic, or other image can further illustrate the post’s content. A flow chart of a sales funnel, for instance, gives you another way to explain the concepts you’re presenting.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. If that’s true, you can’t afford NOT to use images in your blog posts. They may be the most powerful tool you have.
I've created a short, free (no opt in required) report that covers:
- Why it's a good idea to add images to your blog
- Avoiding mistakes with images
- Where to get images for your blog
- Incorporating images in your posts
- Optimizing images for SEO
- How to use Flickr to find photos for your blog
- How to use PhotoDropper to add Flickr images to your blog
- Plus links to all the resources and sites
Download How to Use Images to Grab Your Readers' Attention and Enhance Your Business Blog- no charge!
(right click on the link and save to your computer)
How do you use images on your blog? Post your tips in the comments!