Recently I've been soliciting social media success stories. It's something I've been thinking about for awhile and finally got my act together to put the word out. The reason for doing this is two-fold:
1. There are so many amazing people doing amazing things, using blogs and social media tools to make their dreams come true. I want to meet these people, hear their stories and share them with you. Selfishly, I also get the satisfaction of shining the spotlight on great people and giving them and their business more visibility. And, maybe you'll be inspired to try a new tactic or two and achieve your dreams as well.
2. I like to practice what I preach. One thing I preach around blog content is to leverage other people's content, whether as blog posts or interviews. This is a hybrid approach. I directed people to fill out a form. Then I review, get a photo, do some minor edits for readability, then post. I'm a filter and it helps bring new voices into the mix. I'll post the stories every Friday until I run out!
I'm pleased to introduce the first Friday Feature (a hat tip to Friday Follow on Twitter!). Joseph Ghabi was the very first to respond and submit his story...
Joseph Ghabi, Author
1. In a nutshell, what success did you have as a result of your blog/social media?
I have 5000 friends on Facebook. I am a Numerologist. I have published a new book titled 'The Blueprint of Your Soul.' So what I started doing on Facebook since June 16, 2010, is to post on each one of my friend's birthday a few words wishing them happy birthday, giving them a free chapter from my book on the 9-Years Cycle, and a link to my new fan page for them to join me and their friends to pick up. The result is very interesting... An increase in my book sales, more traffic for my website, more people are liking my fan page, building my e-mail list and some private Numerology consultation by spending 10 to 20 minutes a day doing those posts and it has become a habit now like brushing my teeth... Cool!
2. What was the obstacle that you were facing in your business?
New book, new launch, new blog, and I am new guy on the block. Too many things to do and no time to do it!
3. What did you find as a result of using a blog/social media?
My webmaster sent me an e-mail the other day. He said "I don't know what you are doing on the new site (http://www.theblueprintofyoursoul.com ) but your stats on the site are growing every day and keep doing it..." That was enough proof as a result of using Facebook from my webmaster, who was not aware of what I am doing as marketing.
4. What specific feature do you like most about blogging/social media?
The Interaction with my friends on a regular basis, seeing other authors, what they are doing and interacting with them for joint ventures; socializing, as simple as that and having fun doing it!
More info about Joseph Ghabi:
I am an author, lecturer, and healer. I provide Intuitive Numerology Consultations, Healing Childhood Experiences Consultations and am a PhD Candidate living in Vancouver, Canada. My task is in bringing Souls back to the realization of their own personal power and into alignment with their own Soul purpose and path of evolution. My new book is ‘The Blueprint of Your Soul’ and was released in January, 2010.
Do you have a social media success story?
I would love to hear it. Fill out the form on this page and I'll add it to the queue.