When I do one on one business blog reviews, I almost always find the same problems. On Sunday I'll be doing blogging hot seat reviews at the Niche Affiliate Marketing System workshop. Here's a list of a few things I'll be looking for when I do the reviews. Study the list and then take a look at your blog. Are you making these mistakes?
Are you making these mistakes on your business blog?
1. Not posting frequently enough.
2. Content is not focused or optimized for the search engines.
3. Articles are too long. (I know I said there are no rules, and you have to take online reader behavior into account)
4. Not linking profusely to sources.
5. Headlines are not optimized for search engines & status updates
6. No name of author on the blog home page.
7. No author photo.
8. No subscription form; no way to get blog updates through RSS or email.
9. Readers can't leave comments or have too many hoops to jump through.
10. Too many categories or none at all.
11. Blog isn't listed in blog directories.
12. Blog posts are not being syndicated to social networking sites.
13. There's no call to action to buy your product & services.
14. No author contact information.
What other mistakes have you seen on the blogs you read? What's your biggest pet peeve on blogs? Mine is not finding the author's name or picture on the home page!