Part Three of Technorati's State of the Blogosphere 2009 focuses on the How of Blogging. There are some interesting stats on how bloggers drive traffic to their blogs that jumped out at me.
From most popular to least, we are using the following ways to drive visitors to our blogs:
- List your blog on Technorati
- Tag your blog posts
- List your blog on Google (have you set up a Google profile with links to your blog?)
- Comment on other blogs
- Get listed on blog directories
- Link to blogs on a blogroll
- Produce content on other blogs
- Attend conferences for bloggers
- Create a blog on a broader network
- Pay for online advertising
How does that fit with your traffic driving activities? It's not really how it plays out for me. My #1 source of traffic is from organic search results and #2 is from twitter.
By the way, if you haven't listened to my free audio program on How to Drive Qualified Traffic to Your Blog, you can get the audio and transcript here.