You know my primary message is that your business blog is and should be your hub or home base for your online activity. The reasons why could create many blog posts so I'm going to just make a few points:
- A well-optimized business blog will:
- Create Massive visibility
- Reverse the client chase - help you reach a new audience
- Engage customers
- Get feedback
- Hone your unique voice
- Market for you 24/7 - Search engine magnet
- BLOG = Better Listings On Google (I can't remember where I heard this)
- Attract clients to call YOU, already pre-sold
- 71% have greater visibility in their industry
- 63% said clients have purchased products and services
- 56% say their company is now regarded as a thought leader
- 40% asked to speak at conferences
2. As I said your blog is your home base. This is where you create your point of distinction in the marketplace. Where you have the opportunity to demonstrate your expertise, expose your personality which gives your audience the chance to get to know, then like and finally trust you as you share valuable, useful content that makes their lives better. This is the forum to foster interaction through commenting and guide the public conversation toward private connections (email and client engagement).
3. And finally the third point flows from the second. When your readers like and trust you, they start to take action. They subscribe to get updates, they trade their email address for a free report or to get your ezine and then, when you have something to offer - a product or service - they are now much more inclined to buy. My business exploded when I started blogging. Because I was attracting more traffic, readers were getting involved with me, they liked what I had to say and they trusted me enough to take out their credit cards. This is the power of blogging for your business.
But it takes more than putting up a blog for it to be successful. Anyone can set up a blog but not everyone gets great results. Without a plan, you may think blogs don't work and that, frankly, would be untrue.
You've got to be consistent and constant and MAKE TIME to market your business with your blog.
So, have you posted on your business blog today?
Related Post:Business Blogging Tip: You Have to MAKE Time to Blog (video)